Louisville Assisted Living Services
Find the Right Assisted Living Facility for Your Loved One
People who have entered their golden years or who live with a physical or mental difficulty often need help handling day-to-day tasks. Living alone at that point is usually unreasonable, if not unsafe. Assisting living facilities allow for people who need assistance each day to feel comfortable and secure in knowing that there are always people nearby who can provide support.
For more information, contact us online or give us a call at (502) 547-9164. We look forward to hearing from you.
Choosing the right assisted living facility is a different matter altogether, though. In Louisville, you have your options, and each facility is different from the next. Rather than trying to research them all and make a guess – something you should not do with a decision so important – come to Oasis Senior Advisors Louisville and let us help you. We offer free assisted living services that include one-on-one guidance with a team member, all designed to help you find the right assisted living facility without any stress.
Amenities at Assisted Living Facilities
For the most part, assisted living facilities are the best option for seniors who want to be routinely visited by assistants and caretakers, but who do not want to feel like they are confined in a medical setting. The key is finding a Louisville assisted living facility that features amenities that match your lifestyle or that of your senior or dependent loved one. With the correct amenities and miscellaneous options, an assisted living facility can feel like home.
There are all types of facility amenities, but some of the more common include:
- Housekeeping: Cleaning your living space can be understandably difficult if you have mobility or strength concerns. Housekeeping services offered at most assisted living facilities will take care of the routine cleaning and touchups needed to keep your new living space clutter-free and welcoming.
- Laundry: Of course, an important part of staying clean and hygienic is how often your clothes are cleaned. Laundry centers in assisted living facilities can be self-run or managed by facility staff. In either situation, you should not have to go far to get a clean load of laundry.
- Transportation: Needing day-to-day assistance does not mean that you have to stay in the facility all day. Certain facilities have transportation services to take you to local destinations, such as visiting your primary care physician, spending time with your family, and so on.
- Exercise center: Look for a facility with an exercise center if you want to stay active while you are retired. Senior-appropriate exercise equipment can make getting a workout safer and more fun. Some facilities even include exercise center staff to train and accompany gymgoers.
- Pharmacy: An on-site pharmacy is a great benefit for anyone who requires multiple medications each day. The on-staff pharmacist may also be able to make visits to your living space to help you understand your medication and ensure caretakers are providing you with the right dosages at the right times.
- Socialization: Recreational programs and social gatherings among residents can be planned by your assisted living facility, giving you important opportunities to connect with other residents and form a real sense of community.
Day-to-Day & Emergency Care Services
An important aspect of any assisted living facility is how simple it is to get medical assistance when it is necessary. Some facilities have emergency call systems that allow a caretaker or nurse to be paged at any time, 24/7. Others have day-to-day assistance routines that keep people checking in with you throughout the day, letting you know that you are never far from help. You might even be able to choose a facility with an on-site healthcare center for nonurgent assessments and treatment options.
Seniors with significant or persistent health concerns should look for a facility with appropriate types of healthcare programs and emergency or on-call assistance. Of course, you do not need to have to search high and low on your own. Oasis Senior Advisors Louisville is right here to speak with you about assisted living facilities in your neighborhood – and all without any upfront costs.
What does assisted living do for you?
Assisted living provides support for individuals that need assistance handling daily tasks and functions. Typical assisted living facilities include apartments or rooms for residents, as well as communal areas. While meeting the comfort and living needs of residents, assisted living facilities and programs aim to provide social enrichment as well.
Learn more about the assisted living options near you by contacting Oasis Senior Advisors Louisville for free!
Discover the Oasis Senior Advisors® Way
To get you in the perfect Louisville assisted living facility based on your preferences and needs, we have to get to know you. Our team genuinely enjoys spending time with new people, though. We would be happy to discuss your loved one’s health, medication needs, mental state, mobility, and more to figure out what sort of facility will give them the most comfort and care. No cookie-cutter solutions are used here. Every time we help someone, we are fully committed to delivering personalized attention and services.
You can live comfortably again. Call (502) 547-9164 to find out how.