Recipe: Pineapple Coconut Cake
Author: Lane Keating
This cool and creamy pineapple coconut cake will make you think you’re in Hawaii. Aloha!
- 1 20 Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained (Reserve Juice) And Divided In Half
- 1 Box (Two Layer) Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 T. Coconut Extract
- 1 Package (4 Serving Size) Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 Cup Low-Fat Milk (Cold)
- 1 8 Ounce Tub Whipped Topping, Thawed And Divided
- 1 Cups Sweetened Flake Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing the amount of water with reserved pineapple juice and coconut extract. Beat 2 minutes. Fold in half of the crushed pineapple.
- Pour cake mix into prepared pans. Bake 30 - 35 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Stir together pudding and cold milk until smooth (about 2 minutes); fold in whipped topping. Combine remaining pineapple with 1 1/2 cups of frosting. Place one cake layer on plate. Spread pineapple frosting over top. Place second cake on top. Frost top and sides with remaining pudding frosting. Garnish with coconut. Refrigerate one to two hours before serving. Enjoy your pineapple coconut cake!