Recipe: Summer Corn and Bean Salad
Author: Lane Keating
The hot weather is here and this cold corn & bean salad is just what the doctor ordered!
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Pepper - Diced
- 1 Cup Celery - Diced
- 1 Cup Sweet Onion - Diced
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers - Diced (Optional)
- 1 Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Can Black-Eyed Peas, Drained and Rinsed
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Combine sugar and vinegar in large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 1 minute, until the sugar is dissolved. Stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Note: Kidney beans, garbanzo beans, or pinto beans can be substituted. Use whatever you have in your pantry!