Chickpea Salad Recipe
Author: Lane Keating
This is a great recipe if you’ve been asked to bring a dish to pass to a graduation party, Father’s Day celebration, family reunion, or Fourth of July get together. It couldn’t be easier, and your friends and relatives will beg you for the recipe! Also, this can be doubled or even tripled for larger gatherings.
Makes 12 Servings
- 4 Cans (20 ounces each) Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Large, fresh, ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds), rinsed
- 12 Ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4 Scallions with tops, trimmed
- 15 Greek olives (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 Cup chopped, fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 Cups olive oil
- 1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Core tomatoes then cut into 1/2-inch dice. (You should have about 4 cups). Place in a bowl with the chickpeas. Add cheese to the bowl. Cut scallions into thin slices, pit, and quarter olives - add to the bowl along with parsley. Toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, and pepper to taste in small bowl or mason jar. Pour over salad, tossing gently to coat. Let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.