Recipe: Cauliflower Au Gratin
Author: Lane Keating
This one is a favorite of my daughter in law and I’m always happy to make it for her when she visits.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 C Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 C Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 Pounds Cauliflower Florets
- 1 C Light Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray bottom and sides of 2-quart shallow-sided casserole dish liberally with cooking spray. Coat bottom and sides with 2 T breadcrumbs.
- Mix remaining bread crumbs, cheese, and oil in small bowl. Set aside.
- Blanch cauliflower in boiling water until just tender - about 3-4 minutes. Drain, but do not shock under cold water. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower into casserole dish. Pour light cream on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake on center rack of oven until gratin is heated through and breadcrumbs are browned - about 35 minutes.