Here are a couple of recipes for your best four-legged friends!
Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Dog Treats
1/2 C Rolled Oats
2 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 T Baking Power
1 C Peanut Butter
1 C Milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and milk. Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface until dough is smooth. Roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutter and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool before serving.
Pumpkin and Ginger Dog Treats
3 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 t Ground Ginger
1/2 C Pumpkin
1 Large Egg, Beaten
1 T Coconut Oil Melted
1/4 To 1/2 C Water
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Combine flour and ginger. In the bowl of a mixer, combine pumpkin, egg, and coconut oil. Add the flour mixture and mix until crumbly. With the mixer on low, slowly add the water 1 T at a time until dough comes together but isn’t sticky. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutter.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until bottoms are slightly browned (tops may crack) and treats feel firm when pressed (about 2 1/2 hours). Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.