No Plans For The Weekend?
No plans for the upcoming weekend and funds are low? Here are some low/ no- cost ideas that people of all ages can enjoy. With a little extra planning, you can even include your loved one that’s living in an assisted living community.
- Go to a local park. This is a great time of year to explore the local scenery.
- Pack a picnic. As long as you’re going to be at the park, throw a picnic basket and blanket in the car. It doesn’t have to be extravagant - even PB & J tastes better in the great outdoors.
- Go for ice cream. Who doesn’t love ice cream??
- Visit a farmers market. Most markets can accommodate wheelchairs and walkers. Take advantage of the abundance of fresh fruits, flowers, and vegetables.
- Go to the library. With thousands of books, movies, magazines, etc. you can spend an entire day just browsing. While you’re there, borrow a few movies and have a movie marathon for the whole family.
- Write a letter to your grandchild. Include pictures of their parents so they can see what they looked like when they were young. Kids love to receive snail mail!
- Rainy day? Clean out those closets and cupboards and donate items to a local shelter.
- Take a nap. I mean a real nap - not dozing on the couch or in a chair. Get in the bed and pull up the covers! You’ll wake up refreshed and energized.
- Attend a community play or festival. The possibilities are endless and again, most are wheelchair or walker accessible.
- Take a ride to look at the changing leaves. Pack the whole family in the car and enjoy your corner of this beautiful country.