Recipe: Grill Prosciutto-Wrapped Nectarines With Ricotta And Basil
You’re going to love this one! So simple and yet so elegant!
2 Ripe (but not soft) nectarines - you can also use freestone peaches
3 Thin slices prosciutto (or more as needed) torn into ribbons
Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
1 Pint whole milk ricotta cheese
1 T extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 T fresh basil leaves chiffonade
- Preheat grill for medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Cut nectarines in half and remove stones. To do this, slice nectarine along parting line, then twist. Cut each half in half again.
- Wrap prosciutto around each section. Secure with skewers.
- Grill nectarines, turning often, until prosciutto gets a little crisp around the edges and nectarines begin to caramelize - about 6 minutes.
- To serve, spoon ricotta onto serving plates. Remove skewers from nectarines and place around cheese. Drizzle with olive oil. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper. Garnish with basil.