Ricotta and Parmesan Spread
- 1 15 - 16 - ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional
- 1 8 - ounce loaf baguette-style French bread, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- For spread: In a large mixing bowl, beat ricotta with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add Parmesan. Beat until combined. Stir in basil, oregano, chives, salt and pepper. (If the spread seems a little dry, stir in olive oil.)
- Spoon spread into a serving bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- For toasted baguette: Place bread slices on a large baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degrees F oven about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn slices over. Bake about 3 minutes more or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Serve spread with cooled toast slices.
Note: Rubbing toasted bread slices with cut garlic adds another dimension.