- 1 1/2 lbs of city chicken pork and veal cut in cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- For gravy
- 1/2 cup broth chicken or beef
- 1-2 Tablespoons of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add your eggs to a shallow bowl and beat
- In a separate bowl add your breadcrumbs, paprika and Parmesan cheese.
- If your pork and veal are not already placed on skewers, do so by alternating pork and veal pieces.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Dip the skewered meat in the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside and finish the rest of the meat.
- Heat your skillet to medium high and once hot, add your oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place your meat in the pan and turn the skillet down to medium. Brown skewered meat on all sides. About 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once the meat is browned, place in a baking dish and cover with aluminum.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink inside.
- To make the gravy turn the skillet on to medium heat.
- Add the broth to the skillet and break up all the browned bits.
- Add the flour a little at a time and whisk well so there are no lumps.
- Pour over cooked meat. (this did not make much gravy for me but it was tasty.)