Rosemary & Garlic Oven Roasted
Rack of LambServings: 4 people
- 1 rack of lamb (typically 8 to 9 ribs)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Remove the rack of lamb from the refrigerator and place in a baking dish. Season both sides of the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves and lemon zest and pulse until finely chopped. This can be done by hand by finely chopping the garlic and herbs, then stirring into the oil in a small bowl if you do not have a food processor.
- Rub the marinade over the seasoned lamb and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before roasting so that it will cook evenly.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the lamb with the fat side up on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes before rotating the baking sheet to ensure even cooking and roasting for another 10 minutes for medium-rare meat or 15 minutes for medium doneness (although in my opinion, lamb should be best served medium-rare).
- Transfer the roasted rack of lamb to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes so the juices can redistribute before slicing into individual chops for serving. Use a sharp knife to slice between the bones, then serve immediately