Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- ¼ lb. butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons extra sugar
- Cream (mix) together the butter and the sugar
- Add the eggs, vanilla and soup cream, mix
- Add the salt, flour, baking powder, baking soda
- Put mixture into a mixer and beat until well mixed.
- Grease bread or tube pan.
- Pour ½ of batter into pan, sprinkle ½ of cinnamon over batter and swirl it through. Then swirl in 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Add ½ cup of walnuts and swirl/fold them in as well.
- Add the rest of the batter and repeat the process (swirl in cinnamon, sugar and walnuts)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back to the touch.